Friday 2 May 2014

A prayer of thanks



I sat on the lawn under a tree and listened to my suburb
Thank you for peace
Thank you for community
Thank you for trees and grasses and tomato plants and rhubarb.

I saw a grandfather leaning into the pram of a small baby
and they spent minutes just looking into each other's eyes.
Thank you for family
Thank you for communication
Thank you for love.

I read a really good book
Thank you for thinking
Thank you for gifts of creativity
Thank you for the way we never stop growing and changing.

I met someone who's sick
Thank you for compassion
Thank you for church
Thank you for people who never stop cooking and visiting

I sat with someone who thought they'd never get it right
Thank you for forgiving
and forgiving
and forgiving
and never giving up on us.

In Jesus' name.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment